Pages

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Infidels

Zev Chafets writes
But from Daniel Pearl's dying "I am a Jew" to Gardner's pathetic "Help me, I'm a Muslim," the holy warriors of Islam have made it plain: There are no magic words. The only good infidel is a dead infidel.
I wonder if this last phrase is true. Many muslims in the US would probably argue the contrary, however, I'm not sure that a fair reading of the Koran (Qu'ran) would permit that. Infidels are worthless as they deny the truth of the God's word. Although there are concessions for the People of the Book, infidels receive no such luck. As such, even though I would rather not agree with it, Chafets's last phrase does not seem far off at all (please understand that this does not justify the killings in any case).

No comments:

Post a Comment